When we run a contest, we comply with the terms of the social media platform we post on. For example, if you see our contest on Facebook, you are completely releasing Facebook (as are we) from any and all liability in relation to our contest. You are also acknowledging that our promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook (as are we). While you're welcome to share, or tag your friends, those things are never part of our contests since those requirements violate the terms of Facebook.
You'll see these on our checkout page, but in case you're one of those people who likes to read policies, we've posted them here too!
This website is operated by Sadie Leighs Doughnuts (“Company”). It’s important, as a valued visitor to our website, that you understand the terms you’ll be bound by when you visit our online home. Please read carefully.
Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Company. Company offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
You are responsible for complying with any local laws that are applicable in your jurisdiction.
All products and services provided and advertised by Company are subject to any other applicable terms and conditions governing their use. Our online store is hosted on Squarespace and uses Stripe for payment processing. If you order through us, you will see and be governed by their Terms and Conditions as well.
Company authorizes you to view, print, copy and distribute material on the Sites provided that:
(a) the information may be used internally (by you or any third party to whom you distribute it) only for informational, non-commercial purposes;
(b) no fee may be charged for distribution of any information to any third party; and
(c) any and all copyright or other proprietary notices that appear herein including “© Copyright 2016, Sadie Leigh’s. All rights reserved”, together with this Legal Notice, must appear on all copies that you make or distribute.
The content on the Sites is protected by Canadian and foreign copyright laws. Any use of the content not expressly permitted in these Terms and Conditions is a breach and may violate copyright and other laws.
(1) We are upfront about our ingredients. If you have allergies or intolerances, or just don’t like our flavours, we are sorry to hear that. Please don’t eat our doughnuts if they may cause you issues or if you just don’t like them. That’s a waste of doughnuts, and makes everyone sad.
(2) Any product, process or technology published on the Sites may be the subject of Intellectual Property rights reserved by Company, its subsidiaries or licensors, or its suppliers, and are not licensed under this agreement.
(3) All information provided via the Sites, including, without limitation, any Company or its subsidiaries’ or suppliers products, software programs, software code, offerings or programs, or other technical or marketing materials (collectively, “Information”) is intended for informational purposes only and is subject to change or withdrawal by Company at any time without notice. Company assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the Information. THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, CURRENTNESS, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SADIE LEIGHS FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITES OR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREIN. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. IN NO EVENT WILL SADIE LEIGHS BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF THE SITES, THE INFORMATION, OR ON ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEB SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF SADIE LEIGHS IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Company assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with your use of the Sites, or for your dislike of our doughnuts.
Intellectual Property Rights
Company’s logo and Company brand and product names referenced herein are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Company or its partners, licensors or suppliers. All other brand and product names mentioned herein are trademarks of their respective owners.
Unless expressly provided otherwise by Company, all comments, feedback, information or materials submitted to Company through or in association with the Sites shall be considered non-confidential and Company’s property. By submitting such comments, feedback, information or materials to Company, you agree to a no-charge assignment to Company of all worldwide rights, title and interest in copyrights and other intellectual property rights to the comments, feedback, information or materials. Company shall be free to use, copy or distribute such comments, feedback, information or materials on an unrestricted basis without accounting to you.
Acceptable use of the Sites
Some uses of the Sites are unacceptable. You must not:
(a) use the Sites in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website;
(b) use the Sites in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
(c) use the Sites website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
(d) conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent;
(e) access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means;
(f) use data collected from the Sites for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
You must not use data collected from the Sites to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities (who wants spam from strangers? No one!), and you must ensure that all the information you supply to us through the Sites, or in relation to the Sites, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
Links to Third Party Sites
The Sites may contain hyperlinks to other websites controlled by parties other than Company. Company is not responsible for and does not endorse the contents or use of these websites.
Questions? You have many ways to reach us! Our principal place of business is in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. You can contact us by writing by using the contact form on the Sites, by email to email@example.com
© Sadie Leigh’s, 2016. All rights reserved.
Visitors to and users of the site are referred to as “user”, “you” and “your” and Company is referred to as “we”, “us”, and “our”.
On the Site, we provide information about Company (the “Service”). Use of the Site, including all materials presented herein and all online Services provided by Company, is subject to this Policy. This Policy applies to all site visitors, customers and all other users of the Site. Accessing this Site constitutes a use of the Site and a full acceptance of this Policy and its terms.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
This Site collects the personal information you voluntarily provide to us, which may include your name and e-mail address. If you opt-in to receive email notifications, the option to unsubscribe will be included in every e-mail.
We collect the following information during a site visit unless the Do Not Track option in your web browser tells us otherwise:
· IP address (sanitized to the first 2 bits for analytic reporting). Note however that your full IP address is always collected and contained in our server logs outside of the tracking system. This would be used for troubleshooting or security purposes (ie: identifying attempts at hacking) only
· Origin Country
· Web browser software, version, and plugins enabled
· Operating System software and version
· Screen Resolution
· Device type (ie: Mobile, Computer)
· Pages Viewed
· Length of time on each page
· Page load times
· How you entered the site (ie: direct entry by going to [website] or being referred by another site such as a search engine)
· Recurring visit information (total number of visits, average time spent in total on the site, date of first visit, date of last visit, etc.)
We don’t want to know where else you’ve been on the internet. We don’t like being tracked ourselves, so we don’t feel it’s right to subject our users to even more unnecessary tracking. That being said, we do collect information during site visits, for what we have described in this policy.
We store cookies on your computer for linking your session, and that’s all they’re used for.
The information that we collect is the bare minimum possible to provide a better customer service experience for our users. We capture analytical information such as the number of unique hits, number of page views, and what pages you’re visiting on our site, however, identifying information such as IP addresses are de-identified before being added to the analytics.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We may use it to deliver services. We use it to serve you better and respond to customer service requests, to run contests or promotions, send surveys or e-mail newsletters. We do not use your personal information for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected unless we first obtain your consent to do so.
HOW CAN I OPT-OUT?
Please let us know if you do not wish to receive correspondence from us by clicking on the unsubscribe button in an email. If this does not work, please contact us and we will opt you out of all future correspondences. Please note that we may retain information about sales transactions and booking information for record keeping and in order to process returns/exchanges and provide service relating to previous transactions.
HOW DO YOU PROTECT MY INFORMATION?
We do our best to protect your information for any unauthorized access, misuse, or disclosure and we use a variety of security measures to keep it safe, including secure networks and limited access to your information. However, you acknowledge that personal information you voluntarily share online, on any website, could be accessed or tampered with by a third party. You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information shared through our Site without our knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner. You agree to notify us for any breach of security or unauthorized use of your information. Your personal information is only accessible by those who need to access it to provide you Service and use it in the ways described in this Policy.
WHO DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION TO?
We limit disclose of your information to disclosure as required to in order to comply with the law, to protect our rights or the rights of others, or to enforce our policies. Non-personally identifiable information is viewable by us and by Stripe if you enter it for payment processing, and will never be used outside of payment processing and to send newsletters if you’ve opted in.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION?
Please also review our website Terms and Conditions which govern your use of our Sites.